color fill order

From: Micah David Sklut (micahs AT udel.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 19 2005 - 17:25:21 MDT

NCL graphing question:

I have a contour plot of wave heights that only cover the oceans (not the
bays). The resolution of my wave heights data is 0.25 x 0.25, and because
I want to zoom in very close, and tweaked the data file a bit to extend
the values over the land to avoid missing data values right along the coast.

Because the contours do not cover the bays, I applied an ocean color fill
underneath the contours. Since the ocean color fill is underneath the
contours, so is the land color fill allowing the wave height contours to
go over top of the land (which I do not want).

Is there a way to specify different color fill orders for the land and
ocean separately?
My desired outcome would be the ocean color fill on the bottom, contour in
the middle, and land color fill on top.

Thank you.

Micah Sklut micahs@udel.edu
Geography Department - University of Delaware