lambert-conformal map

From: Micah David Sklut (micahs AT
Date: Mon Jul 25 2005 - 02:27:45 MDT

Trouble with lambert-conformal data file:

I have a lambert conformal grb file from the eta atmospheric model. I'd
like to make a vector wind graph, but I'm having trouble assigning the
coordinate variables to my U and V variables. The grb file has dimension
vars gridx_245 and gridy_245 and has 2d lat/lon vars gridlat_245 and

I am assigning my coordinate vars like so:

u!0 = "lat"
u!1 = "lon"
u&lat = f&gridx_245
u&lon = f&gridy_245

This gives me an error that no coordinate variable exists for dimension
gridx_245. If anyone has any suggestions or would like to take a look,
the ncl file (east_eta_wind.ncl) and grb file (eastnmm.t18.grb)
can be downloaded from:

Thank you.

Micah Sklut
Geography Department - University of Delaware
ncl-talk mailing list