Re: How to set up record in fbindircwrite.

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:22:32 -0600 (MDT)

> I note that the NCL webpage has very little information about these
> netCDF binary conversion procedures. For example, if I want to write a
> data(nlat,nlon,nmonth,nyear) into a binary, could I set up my record as
> nyear? If not, what is my record in the binary .dat file? Thanks a lot in
> advance.

What do you mean by "netCDF binary conversion procedure"?

---
Do you have a variable which you have read from
a netCDF file that has the following structure:
    data(nlat,nlon,nmonth,nyear)
in NCL?
Now you want to write this to a binary file?
    f = addfile ("..."."r")
    data = f->DATA
    fbindirwrite("foo.dat" , data)
will write the entire "data" array to a binary file.
good luck