Cygwin binary for NCL version a033 available!

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 16:43:59 -0600 (MDT)

Hi all,

I finally got a Cygwin version of the latest NCL available, and you
can download it from the ESG website ( under
the "not OPeNDAP-enabled" section of the 4.2.0.a033
binaries. Downloading NCL binaries requires an initial registration.

The full instructions are at:

If this is your first time attempting to run NCL under Cygwin, be sure
to read this information first:

By the way, I appreciated hearing from Constantine Nenkov about his
positive experiences with Cygwin. I think my problems are that I have
an older machine, and it requires frequent reboots and compliments to
the machine to get it to work.

I know the next question from some of you is going to be "can I use
WRAPIT to generate shared objects", and the answer is "not yet". I'm
researching this, but I wanted to get at least a bare bones Cygwin
binary out there for folks who have been so patient.

ncl-talk mailing list