Re: questions for the usage of "txres"

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:19:10 -0600 (MDT)

>Hi All,
>
>I have encountered some problems concerned with "txres". The related part
>of the script is given below:
>
> txres = True
> txres_at_txFontHeightF = 0.012
> txres_at_txFont = "helvetica-bold"
> gsn_text_ndc(wks,"Figure 1: Sensitivity test experiment for
>1995-1996",0.4,0.05,txres)
>

>I want to add the text of "Figure 1: Sensitivity test experiment for
>1995-1996" below my graphs. When I run the script, I got some thing like
>this: "Figure 1 AEAF"
>
>When I use it as "Figure 1 Sensitivity test experiment for 1995-1996", its
>okey. But I could not understand the how ":" effects this part. Should I use
>some definitions in this part of script?
>
>I have also another question. I just want to show Figure 1 with
>helvetica-bold like this :
>
>Figure 1: Sensitivity test experiment for 1995-1996
>
>How can I do it?
>
>I would really appreciate all the help you can give me to be able to solve
>this problem.
>
>Best regards..
>
>Deniz
===========================

Hello,

*All* the examples at http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/

require that the attached .hluresfile be installed
in the user's home directory.

  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

This makes the default font helvetica and changes the
default text function code from a colon [ : ] to
a tilde [ ~ ]

The reason you got the strange characters after "Figure 1"
is that you are using the default text function code
but it is not finding the character sequence.

Basically, just install the .hluresfile
in your home directory. Then remove all
places where you explicitly specify helvetica
font.

good luck