HDF-EOS Files and Running Averages

From: Waylon.Collins <Waylon.Collins_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 08:56:23 -0500

Hello NCL users,

Currently, I have a series of files in HDF-EOS format. Each file
contains data for 1 day. For each file, I what to replace the data
values (for a particular variable) at every grid point with its 5-day
running average value. The new values would need to be written to
another HDF-EOS file. Thus, each new file would retain the same
information (metadata, map projection, etc.) contained in the original
file, except that the data values are now 5-day running average values
for that particular day. The fill values (-9999) must be ignored during
the calculations. Does anyone have an NCL script that will perform this
task? Otherwise, could anyone provide guidance on how to perform this task?

Waylon

--
Waylon Collins (Senior Forecaster)
NOAA/National Weather Service