GEMPAK files with NCL

From: Gareth Berry <gareth_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 17:31:19 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I'm a new convert to NCL.

I want to display my GEMPAK data using NCL and so far I've managed to extract
fields from my files to ascii and plot from those, but it is a rather slow
process and limited to a single time/level/variable.

Is anybody out there aware of a method via which I can plot either directly from
my GEMPAK grids or alternatively convert my 5D grids to netcdf/binary?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Gareth.