ps to gif

From: Jamie Scott <James.D.Scott_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:57:32 -0600

If you have gs (ghostscript) installed, it produces nice tif images.

gs -q -dBATCH -dNOPROMPT -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=tiff24nc -r 150 -
sOutputFile=myfile.tif myfile.ps

The number after "-r" is the DPI resolution of the resulting tif
image. If you need it to be gif, you can
convert the tif to gif in image magic without loss.

Jamie Scott
NOAA/ESRL/PSD
james.d.scott_at_noaa.gov