Re: float to short transform

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 13:26:38 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jiangfeng,

You can use the copy_VarMeta procedure that is part of
contributed.ncl. You will need to load this script at the top of your
own script:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

Then, if your float variable is "t", and your short variable is to be
"sh", you can do something like:

   sh = floattoshort(t)
   copy_VarMeta(t,sh)

--Mary