Mis-plotted geopolitical boundaries

From: Jack Glendening <ncarg_drjack_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 15:57:29 -0800

In doing high-resolution (4km) WRF runs I've noticed that the
geopolitical boundary plotted for Great Britain is shifted eastward by
roughly 9 km from its actual location. This is confirmed by plotting
the WRF land-sea mask and noting it agrees with the true lat-lons of the
coastal boundary, whereas the geopolitical boundary does not. An
example for the Isle of Man can be viewed at

http://www.drjack.info/RASP/greatbritain/wrf_LANDMASK.d2.raster.isleofman.png

where land is in purple and the geopolitical boundary is the thick
dashed line (with model terrain the thin solid line) - but this is also
the case for the entire Great Britain mainland.

Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? I am using NCL version
4.2.0.a034

             Jack