Re: gsn_csm.ncl script problems.

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 11:36:19 -0700

Hi Erik,

If you have NCL installed on your system, then you should
have the two "gsn_code.ncl" and "gsn_csm.ncl" scripts as well.
You should not have to copy them to your local directory, and
we don't recommend doing this.

When you install NCL, you need to set the NCARG_ROOT
environment variable to the root directory of where you installed
the software. For example, if you installed the software to
/usr/local (meaning that the files got copied to directories
/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/include, and /usr/local/lib), then
you would setenv NCARG_ROOT to /usr/local.

Once you do this, then the load of "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/
csm/gsn_code.ncl"
and "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl" should work
just fine.

Please see http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install.shtml#SetNCARG_ROOT
for information on setting the NCARG_ROOT environment variable.

--Mary