WRAPIT with mixed-language code

From: James McPhee <jmcphee_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 10:46:38 -0800

Dear All,

I'm triying to compile a ncl-callable routine for extracting pixel-
based cloud data from NASA's visst product. This process involves
compiling a set of C routines that afterwards are called from a
fortran program. The steps are:

compile Larc_visst_unpacker.c (includes vintrt.h) into
Larc_visst_unpacker.o
compile fortran calling routine linking against Larc_visst_unpacker.o

I was able to compile a stand alone version of the software but now
I'd like to make it into a subroutine in order to operate with the
extracted data in ncl. The process i'm following and its output is:

$ gcc -c LaRC_visst_unpacker.c (this works OK)

$ WRAPIT -L ./LaRC_visst_unpacker.o funpack_ncl.f
WRAPIT Version: 090806
/usr/local/bin/g77
A syntax error occurred while parsing:
COMPILING funpack_ncl.f
LINKING
END WRAPIT

$ ncl loader.ncl
Copyright (C) 1995-2006 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a034
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:An error occurred loading the external file ./funpack_ncl.so,
file not loaded
dlopen(./funpack_ncl.so, 2): Symbol not found: _f_clos
   Referenced from: ./funpack_ncl.so
   Expected in: flat namespace

fatal:syntax error: line 9 in file loader.ncl before or near :
   UNPACKER_SO:
-------------^

I get an error message when running WRAPIT, but it doesn't point to
the location of the syntax error. Could someone provide any advice?

I'm attaching my input files and .ncl calling program. Thanks!

James

James McPhee
Profesor Asistente, Departamento de Ingenieria Civil
Facultad de Ciencias Fisicas y Matematicas, Universidad de Chile
Av. Blanco Encalada 2002 piso 3
Santiago, Chile
tel: +56-2-9784400
jmcphee_at_ing.uchile.cl