Re: map database

From: David Kennison <kennison_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:23:57 -0700

The editor in question is currently for internal use only. I'd like
to make it available, but the interface is not one that most people
are going to like much: you type somewhat cryptic commands into one
window and observe the effect on the display in another window.
Also, the documentation is incomplete, because I was never able to
find any way of describing the really hard parts in a way that I
thought was understandable. (Even I have some difficulty spinning up
on it when I haven't used it in a while, and I wrote it.)

Three or four years ago, I did send a copy of the editor to a user
named Winston Hao, together with the documentation that I had, such
as it was. (In fact, the documentation I have now was mostly written
for him at that time.) I don't know if he ever managed to get to the
point of using it successfully. If he is monitoring this group,
perhaps he can weigh in with an opinion ...

Dave Kennison