Re: 80-character filename limit

From: Jack Glendening <ncarg_drjack_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 19:49:18 -0800

Fred

Thanks for finding the answer. I assume this means that the next NCL
update NCL will include that change. In the meantime I will output to
a less nested directory using NCL, then use the script in which it is
embedded to move that to the correct directory. Perhaps the 80
character limit choice was made back when PCs still had a 640KB memory
limit - who would have thought more would be needed! :-) RIght now I
can't imagine ever needing more than 256 characters.

                     Jack