Re: fully filled triangle?

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:59:16 -0600

On Mar 14, 2007, at 9:08 PM, ozan mert gokturk wrote:

> Dear NCL users,
>
> I need upward and downward pointing filled triangles to be used as
> markers.
>
> I was neither able to fill the predefined triangle markers by using
> "gs"
> resources, nor I could use the filled triangles of font tables via
> NhlNewMarker
> function, as they looked ugly (they are not completely filled). I
> also tried to
> thicken the not-completely-filled triangle markers by using
> "gsMarkerThicknessF", at that time however, vertices of the
> triangle were
> rounded considerably, leading to an ugly look again.

Ozan,

I have attached an NCL script that creates and draws filled
triangle markers that look perfectly fine to me. I have also attached
the PostScript output. If this is not satisfactory to you, could you
send me an NCL source and output that illustrate your ugly
markers so I can pursue this further?

Fred Clare