Unusual fortran error within NCL libs

From: Louis Wicker <Louis.Wicker_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 16:53:41 -0500

All:

I was using a script I wrote on my MacBook Pro (which is the new core
2 duo, so its 64 bit, etc...) and it works fine...

Then I tried to run the same script on the Mac Pro, and get this error:

[wicker_at_skylla]/Users/wicker/work/Adapt(17): ncl plots.ncl
Copyright (C) 1995-2006 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 4.2.0.a034
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
fatal:syntax error: line 57 in file /opt/local/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/
csm/ccm_func.ncl before or near \n

----------------^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
fatal:syntax error: line 165 in file /opt/local/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/
csm/ccm_func.ncl before or near ; since oro has no _FillValue
^

fatal:syntax error: possibly an undefined procedure
fatal:Syntax Error in block, block not executed
At line 155 of file triple2grid.f
Traceback: not available, compile with -ftrace=frame or -ftrace=full
Fortran runtime error: Array element out of bounds: 102 in (1:101),
dim=1

Any ideas here?

Both systems are running 4.2.0a34, but I am not sure if everything is
the same. Can you tell me a file to check between the systems
to find a difference?

Lou

p.s. - the offending code is

   xmax = max(u(:,0))
   xmin = min(u(:,0))
   zmax = max(u(:,1))
   zmin = min(u(:,1))

   xg = fspan(xmin,xmax,101)
   zg = fspan(zmin,zmax,101)

   u1 = triple2grid(u(:,0),u(:,1),u(:,2),xg,zg,False)
   w1 = triple2grid(u(:,0),u(:,1),w(:,2),xg,zg,False)

and the u & w arrays are comprised of (x, y, val) points from a
discontinuous galerkin method - there is about 12,000 lines in an
ascii file

I had to use this because the vector code cannot plot vectors from
triangle data, correct? (Like the contours do...)

----
| Dr. Louis J. Wicker
| NSSL/WRDD
| National Weather Center
| 120 David L. Boren Boulevard, Norman, OK 73072-7323
|
| E-mail:   Louis.Wicker_at_noaa.gov
| HTTP:  www.nssl.noaa.gov/~lwicker
| Phone:    (405) 325-6340
| Fax:        (405) 325-6780
|
| "Programming is not just creating strings of instructions
| for a computer to execute.  It's also 'literary' in that you
| are trying to communicate a program structure to
| other humans reading the code." - Paul Rubin

|"Real efficiency comes from elegant solutions, not optimized programs.
----