reading nexrad data

From: Matt Fearon <matthew.fearon_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:39:42 -0400

Dear NCL users:

Need some help reading NEXRAD data archived by NCDC. I know there are
viewers out there for visualizing, making animations. However, I would
like to be able to process several days of data. The data comes
sub-hourly (every 10-15 minutes) and are in digital binary format. I
would like to be able to read several files in something like NCL,
fortran90, or C to make an aggregate daily product of precipitation for
a given radar site. A small sample code showing how to read digital
binary would be extremely helpful.

thanks very much-
Matt Fearon