Question regarding NCAR and use to generate NEXRAD data

From: Shawn Starr <shawn.starr_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 07:27:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I would like to know how one can read the NEXRAD data formats, both radar and storm attributes.
I am working on a Open Source KDE C++ application and would like to import generated NEXEAD data
(Levels II and III and RCM)

As I am new to the radar formats. Can NCAR generate imagery instead of me
having to figure out the file format(s)?

I found the NOAA produces a Java program to process the all the data into
overlays.

I appreciate any help or pointers.
Thank you,

Shawn Starr.