Re: Thunderstorm Calcs Help

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:24:40 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Jacob,

We have some unadvertised internal functions that might help you here.
These routines are part of some functions we use in our Skew-T
plots. The Fortran code mentions "wet-bulb potential temperature"
and "Showalter stability index for a sounding".

These routines were provided by Dennis Shea, so I'm CC-ing him to see
if these routines are suitable for your purpose.

As for "Equilibrium Level Height", I'm not sure. We have some RIP
code that again might be useful. Let's see what Dennis has to say.

--Mary