Re: Hidden thermo functions ?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:49:59 -0600 (MDT)

   [This question was answered off-line by Dennis Shea. I'm reposting his
    answer here.]

Hello,

They are non-documented [ie, *unsupported*] functions. I will attach
the original source code [fortran]. I did not write the cape code or
most of the other functions.

If u look at the capeThermo comments

C jlfc = returned as attribute of cape
C (integer) subscript of level of free convection
C jlfc = returned as attribute of cape
C (integer) subscript where tparcel crosses env sounding
C jlfc = returned as attribute of cape
C (integer) subscript where tparcel crosses env sounding

This last one is [I think] a typo. It should be

C jcross = returned as attribute of cape
C (integer) subscript where tparcel crosses env sounding

However ... I did not write this code.

Good luck,

Dennis