Plot NARR data on cylindrical equidistant

From: Dave Allured <dave.allured_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2007 19:43:14 -0600

Hello NCL.

The NARR data set is pre-projected onto a Lambert conformal
projection. I would like to plot this data onto a plain old
cylindrical equidistant projection.

Something like this is shown in NCL example narr_3.ncl, lower plot:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Images/narr_3_lg.png

However, this example regrids the data. I would like to plot
without regridding, to maintain full image resolution.

What is the best NCL method for this? Mesh plots come to mind, but
I don't have any experience with them. Any advice would be appreciated.

--Dave A.
CU/CIRES Climate Diagnostics Center (CDC)
NOAA/ESRL/PSD, Climate Analysis Branch (CAB)