Re: Help: gsn_panel and wind barbs

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:38:02 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Hassan,

You're right, you can't use the wmxxx functions with gsn_panel,
because as you saw, the wind barbs are not actually associated with
the plot. When the plot is resized and redrawn in gsn_panel, then, the
wind barbs disappear.

I think your best bet is to not use gsn_panel, but rather use the
vpXF, vpYF, vpWidthF, and vpHeightF resources to position each
individual plot yourself, and as you draw each plot, to call wmbarb
and/or wmbarbmap to draw the wind barbs on each one.

I've attached a modification of example 3 from the page:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/weather_sym.shtml

and duplicated it four times to show how to panel these plots. I will
ask Fred Clare, our weather map expert, if he can make this series of
plots slightly more interesting for paneling, and then I'll add it as
example 5 on the same page.

Good luck,

--Mary