Re: how to extract plots from the pdf files

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:04:07 -0600

On Jul 5, 2007, at 12:32 AM, huang fuxiang wrote:

> ALL,
>
> I found it was difficult to extract plots from the pdf files
> generated by NCL using the ordinary method dealing with a PDF file.
> What's the difference between the plot pdf files with ordinary PDF
> files? How to resolve this question?

The PDF files created from NCL should comform in all
respects to the format described in Adobe's "PDF
Reference, Third Edition, v1.4." What tool are you
using (that you refer to as the "ordinary method")
that does not correctly extract images?

As Mateus has suggested, working with PostScript
may be easier for this task. To split out individual
PostScript images, you can use the "psplit" application
that is distrbuted with NCL. See:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/psplit.shtml

Fred Clare