Rip_Cape code

From: Patrick Marsh <marsh.patrick_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 12:37:13 -0500

Hi all,

I was on the NCL website today and noticed a disclaimer / warning that there
may be an underlying problem in the Fortran code. The disclaimer is a
little vague and I was hoping to get some clarification on it. Is this a
FORTRAN problem or a problem with the original code? Additionally, when
perusing an older copy of the code, I noticed that there is a flag (i3dflag)
that can be used to switch between two different methods of computing CAPE /
CIN. However, there is no way I have found to switch this flag. Does
anyone know how to switch between the two methods?

-Patrick Marsh
University of Oklahoma