"Nested too deeply" error without any nesting

From: Jack Glendening <ncarg_drjack_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:54:17 -0700

I had an NCL file containing numerous "load" statements, many within a
DO loop which looped to plot many different parameters, which worked
without any problems. I then needed to apply the statements in those
"loaded" files (which did not contain procedures/functions) only in
certain cases so I replaced each "load" with "loadscript" within an IF
test. That bombed after the 18th parameter with an "Includes nested
too deeply" error message. None of the loaded files calls the other,
i.e. there is no nesting of the loads - in fact, for testing I can make
all the loaded files emply files and still get the same error. I can
run the program for the parameter at which bombs individually, sans
loop, without any error. This leads me to wonder whether the error
might result from the large number of "loadscript"s which are being
called rather from any nesting. Do you have any guidance on this?

FYI I do have a workaround - I simply reverted to the use of "load"
and put the IF test within the loaded files, but there are reasons for
preferring to put the IF test within the NCL script, not in the loaded
files.

I'm running NCL version 4.2.0.a034

                 Jack