Re: Height-time plot, non csm.

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:29:44 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Yi,

If you actually have an array of height values (call it "hgt") that is
equal to the number of Y values that you have in the Y (leftmost)
dimension of of your data, then you can define your Y axis to have
these values by setting the sfYArray resource to this array:

  res_at_sfYArray = hgt

If you don't have such an array, then you can use another method where
you define what labels you want on your Y axis.

In order to get something other than index values on your X or Y axes,
you need to know the mapping of your index values into whatever
coordinate system you want, and then you need to set the three
resources:

   res_at_tmYLMode = "Explicit"
   res_at_tmYLValues = (/set of index values where you want labels to appear/)
   res_at_tmYLLabels = (/labels you want to appear at the above index values/)

There are several examples:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml#ex2
   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/xy.shtml#ex6
   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/coneff.shtml#ex10