Re: How to interpolate low resolution data to high resolution?

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 10:53:24 -0600

Hi Lawrence,

I am surprised that you found linint2_Wrap to not suit your tastes, that
function (+linint2) are some of the more popular functions in NCL. One
common problem made when using linint2(_Wrap): Your input
latitudes/longitudes have to be monotonically increasing..

Alternatively, if your data has no missing values, then you can use the
spherical harmonics routines. The one that would work for you is f2fsh_Wrap:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/f2fsh_Wrap.shtml
Good luck,
Adam