plotting contours, vectors, and significance?

From: Anji Seth <anji.seth_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 18:00:32 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to generate a single figure that shows a color filled contour
map, overlayed by vectors,
and then overlayed by significant regions for the contoured field and
the vector field. I would like to show the 95% significant regions
using a color contour for the two fields.

Is there a way to do this using gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce
combined with
overlay? If I understand correctly the map plot could be used as a
base, but is this true if it includes vectors?

Currently I can generate the contour and vector map, and maps of each
field with its significance contoured, but not all together.

Ideas, suggestions, examples would be appreciated.
Thanks! -Anji

Anji Seth, Geography, University of Connecticut