Re: plotting contours, vectors, and significance?

From: <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 19:15:35 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Anji,

I think you are going about it the right way with using
gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce and overlay..

If I understand correctly the map plot could be used as a
> base, but is this true if it includes vectors?

Yes, it is.

res = True
res_at_gsnDraw = False
res_at_gsnFrame = False
plot=gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map_ce(wks,u(ind_uv,:,:),v(ind_uv,:,:),\
                                    sst(ind_sst,:,:),res)
sres = True
sres_at_cnLevelMode = "ExplicitLevels"
sres_at_cnLevels = 95.
sres_at_cnLineColor = "red"
sres_at_gsnDraw = False
sres_at_gsnFrame = False
plot2 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,signif1,sres)
overlay(plot,plot2)
sres_at_cnLineColors = "blue"
plot3 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,signif2,sres)
overlay(plot,plot3)
draw(plot)
frame(wks)

Good luck,