Divergence on a pressure/latitude grid

From: Erwan Monier <emonier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:14:54 -0700

Hi,

I would like to calculate the divergence of the Eliassen-Palm flux
vector, which has vertical and meridional coordinates. I have tried to
use the function uv2dvF and trick the script to think that the vertical
coordinate corresponds to the longitudinal coordinate. However, since
the vertical coordinate is on pressure levels
(1000,925,850,700...,100,70,50,20,10,...), the grid is neither fixed nor
gaussian and therefore the divergence is not properly calculated. Is
there anything I can do to properly calculate the divergence in a
height/pressure vs latitude cross section vector ?

Please let me know if you have any advice on this issue. Thank you,

Erwan