Re: polymarkers

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:54:17 -0600

Hi Keith,

Actually although it is not documented as working, it turns out that
you can control the
clipping of polymarkers and other poly primitives using the resource
'gsClipOn'.
Just set it to False to allow primitives to be drawn unclipped.

Exceptions: when using data coordinates you cannot draw outside the
defined data space:
the data space is undefined for map and 'irregular' transformations
outside the viewport, as
well as for log plots with data values of 0 or less.

Contrary to what the documentation says, it has been implemented ever
since Version 4.2.0.a010,
which was released on 31 July 2000. I will update the docs and I
have attached a script that
illustrates the use of gsClipOn with gsn_polymarker.
  -dave