Re: polymarkers

From: Keith Oleson <oleson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 20:35:13 -0600 (MDT)

Excellent! That works fine (and Mary's suggestion worked also).

A related question:

I'm using the following to create curves of model data on an x-y plot with different left
and right y-axis:

plot(0) = gsn_csm_xy2(wks,hour,tg_west_wall_model,fira_west_wall_model,resL,resR)

The model data are being plotted correctly.

Then I'm using the following to create polymarkers representing observed data for the left
and right x-axis:

dum1 = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plot(0),hour,tg_west_wall_obs,polyres1)
dum2 = gsn_add_polymarker(wks,plot(0),hour,fira_west_wall_obs,polyres2)

But I have to transform the second set of data "fira_west_wall_obs" to get the data plotted
correctly with respect to the right y-axis. Is there any way to tell dum2 = gsn_add_polymarker...
to use the right y-axis coordinates?

I don't mind transforming the data and actually I don't have to transform the data if I use
Mary's method, but I'm just curious if there's a way to accomplish this.

Thanks,

Keith

Keith Oleson oleson_at_ucar.edu
Terrestrial Sciences Section Work Phone: 303-497-1332
Climate and Global Dynamics Division Fax: 303-497-1348
National Center for Atmospheric Research Express mail: NCAR
P.O. Box 3000 1850 Table Mesa Dr.
Boulder, CO 80307 Boulder, CO 80305