Re: FW: Cygwin/home directory?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 10:22:30 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Lisa,

I need to fix the instructions for sourcing the .cshrc/.bashrc
files. It should be:

   source ~/.cshrc

However, it may be that a home directory was not set up for you when
you installed Cygwin. Please double-check this, and then put the
.cshrc/.bashrc file in this home directory, modify it as documented,
and then log out and log back in to see if the changes you made take
effect.

There are some FAQs that talk about Cygwin and home directories. Please
see:

   http://cs.nyu.edu/~yap/prog/cygwin/FAQs.html
   http://www.mines.edu/~gmurray/HowTo/sshNotes.html
   http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/~cplager/cygwin.html

I believe one common problem is that Cygwin doesn't like for there to
be spaces in the name of your home directory.

--Mary