Axis units in wrf_user_intrp3d()

From: Don Morton <donaldjmorton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:58:14 +0000

Howdy,

First, I'd really like to thank you all for the great suite
of routines for the WRF output files. These are turning
out to be very useful.

I've created a plot that shows a vertical cross section
of the u-component of the wind over a defined transect
(graphic attached). Just in case you're curious, the transect
is roughly west-to-east, the west end being at Missoula
International Airport and the east end being in Hellgate
Canyon on the east side of Missoula, where Interstate
90 enters the city. I'm trying to assess WRF's capture
of the famous easterly "Hellgate Winds" that we often
get in the morning (sort of a "drainage flow" from the
east), and you can see a hint of it in this graphic.

But, on to the question - I don't understand what the units
are on the vertical axis. I've passed in an array of "z" values
to the function, and I've verified that the values I pass in
are reasonable, with units of meter. I "suppose" the units
could be km, and it looks like that would be an appropriate
unit on the horiz axis, too (the distance is about right).
But, I'm wondering if someone can verify.

Thanks,

Don

--
Arctic Region Supercomputing Center