Re: Problems with Stereographic projection plots

From: Andrea Hahmann <hahmann_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 08:20:25 -0600

Hi Dennis

I had done already and it did not work (I get a white band on the right
side of the plot). A colleague figured out how to fix the problem. The
projection parameters are wrongly specified in the WRF file. For a
polar stereographic projection the center latitude should be 90., that is:

res_at_mpCenterLatF = 90.

and not what is specified with

res_at_mpCenterLatF = ff_at_TRUELAT1

Perhaps the next version of "WRFUserARW.ncl" will contain the fix.

Thanks,
Andrea