Re: [ncarg-talk] ncargpath : command not found

From: Rick Grubin <grubin_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 08:21:51 -0600

Hi John

> below are my steps to install the NCARG , correct me if im wrong .
>
> 1. gunzip and untar the file to /usr/local/src
> 2. setenv to that folder

This is fine; I think you mean to 'change directory' to /usr/local/
src but it sounds like you did the right thing.

> 3.run ./ Configure -v and answered few question
> 4. make Everything >& make-output &
> 5 setenv NCARG_ROOT /usr/local/ncarg
> setenv PATH $NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH
> setenv MANPATH $NCARG_ROOT/man:$MANPATH

This assumes that you installed NCAR Graphics in '/usr/local/ncarg'
-- is that correct?

This also assumes you are running under a c-shell like shell (csh,
tcsh, ...) -- is this correct?

You will also need to add $NCARG_ROOT/bin to your shell path:

        set path=(~/bin /usr/bin /bin/etc /usr/X11R6/bin /usr/local/bin
$NCARG_ROOT/bin)

as described at: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/
get_started.shtml#SetUpEnvironment

> and i stuck here ...
> when i type " ncargex " it shows some options saying to invoke
> various of classes and bla bla bla ...
> but when i type " ncargex cpex08 " it shows
> ncargpath : command not found .

Try completing the above steps, that should get you going.

-Rick.
----
Rick Grubin NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies