Re: Installing v5.0 from source

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 10:40:18 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Mark Branson wrote:

> Hi Mary. Thanks for you quick reply.
>
> Yes, I tried the blockdata tests, and they failed with the xlf compiler but
> they seem to work okay with both the f77 and f90 Absoft compilers (Pro
> Fortran 9.2). Here's what I get with the Absoft f90 compiler:
>
> /Users/mark/testncl/blockdata_test> main.good
> TESTSUB: WK = 20 ...it should be 20
> /Users/mark/testncl/blockdata_test> main.bad
> TESTSUB: WK = 20 ...it should be 20
> /Users/mark/testncl/blockdata_test> main.init
> TESTSUB: WK = 20 ...it should be 20
>
> That is okay, right?

Yes it is. If you had gotten anything but a 20, there would be a
problem. I'm glad to see that Absoft has fixed that problem.
Hopefully they've fixed they way they do Fortran name mangling
(especially with regard to Fortran common blocks).
somk

For anybody else who's interested in the blockdata initialization
test just for their own curiosity, you can download it from:

    http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/files/blockdata_test.tar

You will need to edit the Makefile in the "blockdata_test" directory
to change the Fortran compiler to the one you are using.

--Mary