array of strings as an attribute

From: ozan mert gokturk <zanmerto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 07:21:41 -0800 (PST)

Dear NCL Community,

I would like to assign an array of strings to a
variable as an attribute, and then output this
variable as netCDF. The assignment of the attribute is
successful, but when I output the variable as netCDF,
only the first string in the array is written as the
attribute!

Here is my sample code:

names = (/"a","b","c","d"/)
x_at_names_of_stations = names

When I print "x_at_names_of_stations" at this stage, it
is fine. But when I write

fout = addfile("mydata.nc","c")
fout->data = x

and then read this netCDF file, "mydata.nc", I see
that only "a" is written as the "names_of_stations"
attribute of "data".

Do you have any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Ozan