example of using a common title and axis labels on a panel plot

From: Jonathan Vigh <vigh_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:57:15 +0000

Greetings NCL'ers,
    A week or so ago, I had asked how to add common axis labels to a
panel plot. Thanks to some suggestions and help from Mary Haley, I've
created an example which shows how to do this. The example is a bit
complicated as the right axis values are changing for each individual
panel and a reference line and label are also added to the individual
panels. After the panel plot has been setup to make room for the common
axis labels (using gsnPanelLeft and gsnPanelRight), the axis labels are
added using gsn_text_ndc. Unfortunately, you will probably have to
fine-tune the vertical spacing for the common labelbar and common
x-axis, but at least this gives a start on how to make those tweaks.

The example is on the NCL web site:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/panel.shtml#ex21

Jonathan