Re: polar plots w. different labels

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:09:24 -0700

Hi Astrid,

The polar labels are special ones, and not affected by the tm*
resources. The tm* resources only apply to rectangular-type plots.

The polar labels are actually drawn as individual text strings (using
a procedure similar to gsn_text_ndc), and unfortunately, there's no
way to change these labels to different ones. Does setting
res_at_gsnPolarTime = True (unadvertised) not give you what you need?
I don't think this uses "MLT" type labeling, but it does give you
numeric time labeling.

The code might be easily modified to give you the labels you need.
Let me know if setting res_at_gsnPolarTime =True is close, and we can
take it from there.

--Mary