Re: NCL on Windows Systems

From: Don Morton <donaldjmorton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:14:41 +0000

This might be deeper than you want to get, but I used to (up
to a year ago) run Microsoft Virtual PC on my Windoze, and
then install a version of Linux in the virtual PC. Then, I could
run NCL, WRF, MM5, etc., etc. Of course, it's a "software"
PC, and you can expect poor performance, but it was good for
laptop on-the-road usage.

On 3/23/08, Valkhorn_at_aol.com <Valkhorn_at_aol.com> wrote:

> I have had horrible luck using CygwinX (the recommended application for
> using NCL with Windows) and I've tried it on several systems and it has
> never worked.
>
> So, my question is this - is there another application that I can use on
> Windows in order to use NCL?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -William

University of Montana