Re: NCL on Windows Systems

From: Gerry Creager <gerry.creager_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 21:30:47 -0500

<satire>
At the risk of getting run off the list...
You could revamp your PC to run Linux, load Xen and install Windows as a
virtual machine. Fewer virus problems, overall better performance, and
NCL works like a champ on the native OS!
</satire>

gerry

Don Morton wrote:
> This might be deeper than you want to get, but I used to (up
> to a year ago) run Microsoft Virtual PC on my Windoze, and
> then install a version of Linux in the virtual PC. Then, I could
> run NCL, WRF, MM5, etc., etc. Of course, it's a "software"
> PC, and you can expect poor performance, but it was good for
> laptop on-the-road usage.
>
> On 3/23/08, Valkhorn_at_aol.com <Valkhorn_at_aol.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have had horrible luck using CygwinX (the recommended application for
>> using NCL with Windows) and I've tried it on several systems and it has
>> never worked.
>>
>> So, my question is this - is there another application that I can use on
>> Windows in order to use NCL?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -William

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager_at_tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.862.3982 FAX: 979.862.3983