Re: uv2sfvpF information

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 10:54:02 -0600

All 'harmonics' are used.

FYI: an alternative to using uv2sfvpF is

     psi = ilapsF( uv2vrF(u,v), 0)
     chi = ilapsF( uv2dvF(u,v), 0)

     psi_at_long_name = "stream function" ; assign information
     psi_at_units = "m^2/s"
     chi_at_long_name = "velocity potential"
     chi_at_units = "m^2/s"

Assuming you have loaded contributed.ncl

     copy_VarCoords(u, psi) ; copy coordinate information
     copy_VarCoords(u,chi)

     printVarSummary(psi)
     printVarSummary(chi)