plotting clouds

From: Dan Barrie <dbarrie_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:52:57 -0400

Dear NCL users,

I am attempting to plot mid-level integrated cloud fraction output from
CAM, and I'm searching for advice on effective ways to demonstrate cloud
cover outside of the regular color tables. Ideally, I would want 100%
cloud to be 100% opaque white, 0% cloudy to be 0% opaque white, with a
linear regression in between. However, I realize that NCL cannot handle
opacity gradients. Has anyone found an interesting way to plot cloud
fields? Thanks in advance.

-Dan