Re: XEyes works, but everything else is a blank white box

From: Gerry Creager <gerry.creager_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 23:22:41 -0500

William

What's your operating system and distribution?

If Xeyes and xterm run, you've got a graphical environment. What it
sounds like is that you might not have access to the display when you
run ncl.

Have you tried running it interactively? Have you instrumented with
print statements to tell you where it's falling over?

gerry

Valkhorn_at_aol.com wrote:
> I finally got NCL installed and to the point where it's generating (or
> attempting to generate) output. The only problem is that it's not
> displaying any output. I've run 'xeyes' and it displays the little eyes.
> However when I try to run any NCL script it generates a square white box
> with nothing inside.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks!
>
> -William

Gerry Creager -- gerry.creager_at_tamu.edu
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.862.3982 FAX: 979.862.3983