Re: Lambert Conformal Corners and Orientation

From: <Valkhorn_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:49:53 EDT

Thanks, I have defined in igry for medium gray, but how do I specify that
color fill for Canada and Mexico?

I appreciate your patience by the way.

-William

In a message dated 4/22/2008 10:35:12 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
haley_at_ucar.edu writes:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 Valkhorn_at_aol.com wrote:

> It's really coming together now. The only issue left is that for some
reason
> Canada and Mexico are really violet - any way I could change that to
gray?

> NCL Script is attached.
>
> -William

Hi William,

I believe the current color map you're using doesn't
have gray in it. You can verify this by adding
the following call right after gsn_define_colormap:

gsn_draw_colormap(wks)

If you try to use gray, and you don't have gray in your color map,
then NCL will use some 6-cube algorithm to determine the color closest
to gray that's already in your colormap, and this can produce
unexpected results.

You need to add gray, using the same NhlNewColor function that was in
the script I sent you yesterday. For any shade of gray, you need to
use RGB values that are equal. For example:

igry = NhlNewColor(wks,0.5,0.5,0.5)
igry = NhlNewColor(wks,0.25,0.25,0.25)
igry = NhlNewColor(wks,0.80,0.80,0.80)

The larger the number, the lighter the gray.

You can then use the integer returned from this function, "igry"
to set the color for Canada and Mexico.

--Mary