interpolation to fill in missing data

From: Rob Nicholas <rnicholas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 18:12:16 -0700

Hi all,

I have a SST dataset (actually SST output from a GCM) that, as one
would expect, contains missing values over land. I'd like to "fill
in" these missing values using some sort of sensible interpolation
scheme to obtain a globally-continuous SST field. Can anyone
recommend a way to do this with NCL?

I've played around with the 'linint2' function a bit, but it appears
to not fill in missing data. I'd also be happy to hear about other
ways of doing this if folks have some experience in this area.

Thanks,
Rob