Re: How to color wind barbs plotted at stations.

From: Fred Clare <fred_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 01:37:54 -0600

On May 19, 2008, at 10:34 PM, Yang Yang wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I used wmbarbmap(wks, lat, lon, u, v) to plot wind barbs at
> stations. I also want to color the winds barbs based on a scalar
> like gsn_csm_vector_scalar(wks,u,v,data,res). It seems that
> gsn_csm_vector_scalar works only for grid data.
>
> Is there a similar function like gsn_csm_vector_scalar to color the
> wind barbs at stations? Thanks!

To my knowledge wmbarbmap is the only function that allows
for plotting wind barbs at individually specified random coordinates.
To change the color of individual wind barbs when using wmbarbmap
you will need to set up a color table and make a call

   wmsetp("col",color_index)

that will then draw the barbs with the color associated with the color
index "color_index" until another call to wmsetp is made to change
the color.

This should at least provide you with a do-it-yourself approach.

Fred Clare