Re: map limits invalid

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:50:56 -0600 (MDT)

I tried a small script with just the resources you indicated below,
and it worked for me:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"

wks = gsn_open_wks("x11","map")
res = True
res_at_mpLimitMode = "LatLon"
res_at_mpMinLatF = -13
res_at_mpMaxLatF = 10.
res_at_mpMinLonF = 119
res_at_mpMaxLonF = 123

map = gsn_map(wks,"Stereographic",res)

Are you setting some other map resources that might affect the
projection? If you're not sure, can you print the contents of "cnres"
and email them to me.

Thanks,

--Mary

On Wed, 28 May 2008 p2trivej_at_atmos.ucla.edu wrote:

> sorry, i wrote that down incorrectly. the correct limit is supposed to be
>
> cnres_at_mpProjection = "Stereographic"
> cnres_at_mpLimitMode = "LatLon"
> cnres_at_mpMaxLatF = -10
> cnres_at_mpMinLatF = -13
> cnres_at_mpMaxLonF = 123
> cnres_at_mpMinLonF = 119
>
> it doesn't plot and there appears this warning message.
>
> warning:MapSetTrans: map limits invalid - using maximal area
>

>> Your maximum latitude is south of your minimum latitude.
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i'm using gsn_csm_contour_map to zoom in on the stereographic
>>> projection.
>>>
>>> these are the resources.
>>>
>>> cnres_at_mpProjection = "Stereographic"
>>> cnres_at_mpLimitMode = "LatLon"