Re: gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:41:14 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Wolfgang,

Without the data, a problem like this is a bit hard to debug.
If you can provide this, it would help.

It does look like you are doing everything correctly, especially
with regard to setting up the special lat2d/lon2d attributes.

I noticed you have this:

   resm_at_vcVectorDrawOrder = "draw" ; draw vectors last

To truly draw the vectors last, you want to use "postdraw":

   resm_at_vcVectorDrawOrder = "postdraw" ; draw vectors last

When I have problems where part of a complicated plot is not
appearing, I try to break it down to make sure the individual pieces
are at least working.

For example, before this call:

  plot(0)=gsn_csm_vector_scalar_map(wks,u_plane,v_plane,rh_plane,resm)

Add a this debug plotting call:

  plotdbg = gsn_csm_vector_map(wks,u_plane,v_plane,resm)

You will get some warnings about invalid resources, but that's okay.
Do you see the vectors in this case?

--Mary